Tuesday 18 April 2017

Day 4 - Window with lightning shot







I started off with the next shot we had discussed to do. I wanted to be able to move the camera and zoom out as I panned up the windows for the flash of lightning but before I even started I could tell I would move the camera as I wasn't able to tighten it to stop it moving side to side when I rotated it to pan. so I shot a a set frame. I could have done a wide shot and zoomed digitally, but it really doesn't have the same effect as moving the camera itself.

In that scene I need to make his jump when startled by the lighting more exaggerated, and lift his head up with that jump instead of bring it up slowly after.




I then moved to the next camera angle. I could have really used an extra pair of hands because due to the limitations of the laptop which is attached by a wire, and the position of the camera looking through the window. I needed to be on the other side of the camera to move the characters eyes, as I was relying purely on guess work or what view from the camera I had to place the pin to move his eyes, this did not work very well as I moved the character too much and knocked his glasses creating a scene I was not happy with so stopped for the day. 

For this scene I wanted the character to be frozen for a bit, to hold that he has being disrupted from his thought, and then slowly look back to his page to continue writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment