Friday 14 April 2017

Day 3 - panning shot



Today I started best I could with finalising footage for the opening scene, I worked from the animatic to see how much footage we needed to film in order to complete it. 

With this shot, I moved the camera to pan this shot instead of filming in a wide angle, this saves time because I didn't have to animated the character all the time, just when he came into shot and in my opinion it also looks better because panning in a wide shot somehow looks a bit unrealistic and flat.

Because the footage I filmed of the set turned out quite descent, with just minor editing to do like colour correction, I started to put these clips into the animatic, and arranging them to fit with the script text and animatic.

I then animated a scene where it pans across the the character at his desk, only when I had completed animating I realised it looked too similar to the scene we filmed on day 1, I discussed this issue with Callum, and he said we can use it for a scene where lighting strikes against the wall later on in the animation. 

We revered the clip, so it panned from the character to the wall where Callum added a flash of lighting where the monsters shadow apears, which will introduce the character.




No comments:

Post a Comment