Friday 5 May 2017

Trailer



Originally I wanted a smaller trailer of 30 secs as a teaser, and then longer trailer for a later date, to give a little more footage. I was working, I selected clips from the audio to build up some tension, but when it came to adding clips, I found this a challenge. I didn't keep some scenes in order. But I think I've made this work really well. I stuck to what Callum asked, building the tension as it does in the film. It flows really well, it builds the tension, it hopefully doesn't give away too much, and I think I added the title in an appropriate place, I introduced the character first so that the audience isn't hit with text, as this could be boring.  

One thing I needed is to captivate the audience, when I went to VMC it was said that people's attention spans are going down, currently at an average of 5 seconds, so I needed to make sure they stick around for the rest of it. making sure panning clips weren't too long, and spreading the lighting sound so that it created dramatic effects.

It's also less than a min, because I didn't want to give too much away, and also didn't want the audience to get board.


No comments:

Post a Comment