Monday 20 February 2017

set making - stairs





Designing the stairs took a lot of thought, and referencing,I tried to copy victorian styled staircases as best I could. one problem I have now is to attach the railing, I did try to solder it together, but I couldn't head up the aluminium wire to melting point, so I will have to find an alternative.

I also decided to make in in mount board because the staircase is purely decoritive, so it doesn't need to be strong enough to hold the weight of a character. I it had need to be use, I would have made it from wood. 
I did try to solder the railing together but because the wire is alluminum, I couldn't heat it up enough to connect, even with a soldering gun.

so I simply taped the two parts together and took it to the garden to spray paint it. I chose black to replicate an iron staircase that I saw when researching victorian spiral staircases. Althought it's not as decorative as victorian staircases, for a prop in the background, I'm really pleased with the outcome and think it'll look great when put into the set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment