Wednesday 29 March 2017

Puppet making - remake

Because the character didn't sit very good, and Callum wasn't happy with the texture of the skin, I decided to remake the character. I think that because the whole character is made of liquid laytex, it restrickts it's movement, especially with the design of the character having a big waist.

for the second character I still wanted the laytex skin, but needed to change the inside, I thought of what Id previously made puppets from and knew foam was successful. 

I re used the mould and applied two layers of liquid latex t form an outer skin, letting each layer dry before applying the next coat.


With the armature, I didn't add any milliput to it where bones would be, I left this off because I thought that could be another reason why the character didn't sit, because the miliput hips were in the way. 


The process of doing this was fairly fast, I prepared it all the night before so that I could go down to ceramics and mix up the 2 part foam liquids.


I'm eatremly please on how the second character turned out, he could have used with some milliput in his head, as it is a lille difficult to turn it, but he's a lot smother and bends a lot easier due to his lightweight foam body.

I left his finger, as I thought dipping them will build them up nicly as they are too thin to cast.




he looks so much better now when comparing the puppets side by side, his skin is not bumpy, and his features are more prominent 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment