Friday 17 March 2017

Puppet - clothes making



Finding material was quite a hard task, I went to a fabric shop and looked at the material available. For the character's dressing gown I found a fluffy material with a silky back that I thought would look good for the character.

I tried to follow the design as best I could, but some materials that were the right colour were too thick to work with on a small scale so I had to compromise a little. 

I created a paper template, which I tried on the puppet before cutting out the parts to make sure it fit nice. I kept Callum updated and asked for his opinion alot during this process as I want us to both like it as some changes were made from the original design.









The monster I'm struggling a bit with. We want it to have an outfit that looks ghost like, flowy and light, but we want to be able to position it, so I chose tights for the material, and intended to sew thin wire into the seems to allow us to move it about and stay in position. However with this, I lost the feeling of flowy movement, and draping material, so I'm going to have to re think about how this character is going to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment