Saturday 19 November 2016

Why this project

I asked to Work with Callum on this film, he already as a rough idea for the story, and I'd like to work on my skills as a puppet/set maker for my portfolio. I want to work on a bigger project, to show my skills of set making, by creating a whole set, instead of a section. So working as a team is ideal to get this amount of work dome.

From what I can tell from the story so far, it's a bit of a mix of sci-fi and horror, with a monster creature, and to be set in a victorian study so it's quite a dark looking room to reflect the film. so it's audience will probably be for adults interested in monsters and dramatic tension builds.

I already have an idea what I want the puppet to be made from, based on my COP project, none of those materials would be suitable. We talked about creating it in plasticine, but I don't think we'd get the same movement from plasticine as we would from a latex puppet, which is what I plan to make him in. I think we'd be able to have more materials options with a latex puppet, and it would be more realistic looking to the old adventurer Callum visions 

No comments:

Post a Comment